Accidents happen. No matter how careful you are, there is always the potential for something to go wrong.
When an accident does happen, it is important to get to the root of the issue so that similar accidents can be prevented in the future. More serious and complicated incidents and accidents require more expertise. That's where we come in. OCCU-TEC’s team of experienced consultants have a proven track record of helping businesses improve their safety culture and prevent accidents.
We will speak with everyone involved, analyze environmental factors, review the condition of any equipment involved, and review existing policies and procedures to determine any contributing factors or underlying causes. Our goal is to provide you with a clear understanding of what happened, why it happened, and how to prevent it from happening again.
Response plan development
Once we have investigated the accident, we will work with you to develop a comprehensive response plan. This plan will address the specific issues that led to the accident and will help you create a safer workplace for your employees. We will help you implement the response plan and to monitor its effectiveness, providing ongoing support to help you maintain a safe workplace.
We can provide training to your employees on changes that have been implemented because of the incident, as well as refresher training on existing policies and safety procedures, including hazard identification, risk assessment, and proper operating procedures.
Benefits of Accident Investigation and Consulting
- Identify and correct hazards: Accident investigations can help identify hazards in the workplace that may have contributed to the accident.
- Prevent future accidents: By understanding the root cause of an accident, organizations can take steps to prevent similar accidents from happening in the future.
- Improve employee morale: When employees feel that their safety is being taken seriously, they are more likely to be engaged in their work and have a positive attitude towards their employer.
- Comply with regulations: In some cases, organizations may be required by law to conduct accident investigations. For example, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires employers to investigate all accidents that result in a fatality, hospitalization, or lost workdays.
- Reduce liability: Accident investigations can help to reduce the organization's liability in the event of a lawsuit. By documenting the investigation process and the findings, the organization can show that it took reasonable steps to prevent the accident and that it was not negligent.
We understand that accidents can be disruptive and costly. We are committed to helping you get back to business as quickly as possible while also making sure that your workplace is safe for your employees. Contact us today to learn how OCCU-TEC can help you resolve incidents and make your organization a safer place to work.